Thursday, October 21, 2010

right there, right then

















After a long period when my whereabouts have been shrouded in mystery, the subject of endless gossip and intrigue, I can now write one of those "I will be making the following public appearances.." posts. 

So, I will be making the following public appearances:

As part of the London Metropolitan University*  lunchtime lecture series Right Here Right Now, I will be presenting FAT's recently opened Thornton Heath Library on Tuesday 26th. This project has a certain poignancy as public libraries are likely to be closing rather than opening as a result of the coalition government's public spending cuts.

Talking of LMU, anyone who can and who doesn't know about them already should get along to the Rip It Up And Start Again lecture series organised and MC'd by Kieran Long on Thursday nights.  There is an excellent range of speakers and an ambitious intellectual conversation emerging about architecture and the city. Be careful though, if you sit near the front you might have to ask a question.

On November 11th I will be giving a lecture on the rest of FAT's output at Canterbury School of Architecture, where I am currently teaching a diploma unit. The lecture is entitled All You Can Eat. Unfortunately there won't be a salad bar.

Finally, next month I will be commenting on, or participating in a discussion of, Owen Hatherley's book A Guide to the New Ruins of Great Britain at the Southbank Centre, where the author himself will be present and correct. Other more luminarious participants than me are likely to be taking part too.

* Suddenly the happening ticket in town with the 'whisperers' all but shouting from the rooftops.

No comments: