Saturday, May 14, 2011

Work/Non Work




















I've written some Proper Architectural Criticism in the form of a review of David Chipperfield's new Turner Contemporary gallery in Margate. I'm officially the 150th person to review this particular building but the first to include lyrics by Chas'n'Dave in the process. My review is in the current issue of Architecture Today, indeed it graces the cover. Thanks to AT for the kind invitation....

Almost as properly, I've reviewed the current exhibition of James Stirling's drawing archives at Tate Britain for Icon issue 96. It's not online (yet), but you can always buy a copy of the magazine. It's full of good stuff, as usual. 

Finally, an announcement for anyone who reads this in Australia. I know there are some because I've been invited to speak at Flux 2011, a student architecture congress taking place in Adelaide this July. I'm greatly looking forward to this, despite being a terrible traveller, and would be interested to hear from anyone likely to be at the conference or anywhere near Adelaide or Melbourne at the time. And if anyone wants a lecture on the weird and wonderful work of FAT then please get in touch. 

3 comments:

AM said...

can´t say about australia but i would love to hear more from you here in portugal

Giovanni Tiso said...

Even as we speak, I am plotting to get you invited to something in New Zealand. And tracking down that book!

Charles Holland said...

Am - I would love to come to Portugal. Set it up!

Giovanni. Likewise. The book is great. I scanned in the cover ages ago hoping to write a post about it and never did so its been hanging around on my desktop. I decided to put it to work. Ho ho. I like the font choices which are obvious - programmer - and random - housewife.